Today I wanna share how I do henna on my natural hair. For the treatment I use:
- 100 gr of Lawsonia inermis (henna)
- 50 gr of cocoa powder
- 1 cup of infusion of rooibos or if you don’t have you can use a cup of simply tea or hot water
- 1 spoon of lemon or 1 spoon of apple vinegar
Put in a bowl the dry ingredients and mix, then add the infusion and stir until the mixture is smooth and homogeneous. Now is the moment to add the apple vinegar and stir the mixture. Let it rest at least 30 minute, I like to let it rest for two hours. Apply on your hair and cover, then let the mixture stay on your hair at least 2 hours.
Three tricks to use when preparing henna:
- Don’t use any a metal bowl or metal spoon.
- Use gloves to apply the mixture on your hair.
- If you have very dry hair put in the mixture one or two tablespoon of your favorite oli, I suggest coconut oil.